"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." -2 Chronicles 7:14

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I really don't feel like I've fully realized yet all the things I have to be thankful for-- trying to, but I don't think I could truly count all of them!  Here's a list of some of the things I'm thankful for (in the order I think of them).  I'm not giving a number because I'm going to list them until I can't think of anymore!

1.  My faith.

2.  My family

3.  My friends

4. Living in America!

5.  My "necessities"-- sense of sight, smell, hearing, taste, etc.

6.  Laughter...the best medicine (I know it's cliche, but I think it's true!)

7.  Blogging!

8.  Our democratic system of government.

9.  Texting (if I was going in order, this would be higher up on the list...I am a teenager ;)

10.  Football!  (This, too, would be higher up!)

11.  Campaigning

12.  Taking goofy pictures

13.  Longboarding

14.  Getting pulled on a longboard by a bike

15.  Playing manhunt in the dark (awesome!!)

16.  Mountains

17.  Spending time with my friends and family :)

Take a moment this Thanksgiving to reflect on all you truly have to be thankful for.  Just because life isn't perfect, doesn't mean that you have nothing to be thankful for.  In fact, it's at that point that you probably have more to be thankful for.  Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

P.S.   It really is "Thanksgiving", not "Turkey Day"...the latter is an attempt to erase what the first Thanksgiving was truly about.  Don't give in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak what you think!