"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." -2 Chronicles 7:14

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Meeting with Herman Cain

I had the opportunity today to attend a Herman Cain rally, and also had the privilege of meeting Mr. Cain personally.  The energy surrounding the meeting place was definitely contagious!  There were so many people there in whom it was clear to see their passion for defeating President Obama in 2012.  My only slight complaint about the rally was having to stand in the sun waiting for his arrival!  Once he did arrive, though, everyone in the crowd errupted.  He gave a roughly twenty minute speech, in which he addressed the many issues facing our nation today.  He also gave a clear description on his feelings toward Israel, and it was one that I completely agree with:  "If you mess with Israel, you're messing with the United States of America." 

Mr. Cain said in a later interview that he felt this current administration might not react if Israel were to be attacked by an opposing country.  He said that President Obama is the first president since Harry S. Truman to, as Mr. Cain believes, "not support Israel."  Most of what Mr. Cain said was nothing out of the ordinary; I didn't hear anything I haven't heard before.  However, he definitely does know how to energize a crowd.  There were a couple hecklers there who were seeking to trip Mr. Cain up, but they did not succeed; they were shut down by the crowd almost immediately, even though it appeared that the camera-man for a news agency that was there sounded like he was encouraging him. 

I had the opportunity to also meet many of Mr. Cain's top staffers and loved talking with them; all of them are very, very nice people.  My impression of Mr. Cain is that he is a very confident and nice man.  He went around to the crowd and signed some of the things he was asked to (others, he refused to, stating that they "didn't work too well" with the sharpies).  While he is solid on most of his points, he is not all of them, but no candidate will be.  Anything can change in this race, though; that much has been proven.  Mr. Cain was very strong on his points today and I greatly enjoyed his speech!  One of my favorite parts was hearing the people chant "9-9-9" during his speech-- not necessarily because I agree with it completely, but because after hearing that chant on television so many times, it was really neat to hear it in person!

1 comment:

Speak what you think!